Saturday, June 20th, Kildonan Park, 5:30 PM
Our Summer Solstice Party is ON! We hope you didn’t erase the date from your calendar, because we have the go-ahead to hold it as planned. It will be great to see some of our friends in person again. But this will not be our usual Solstice party.
Here’s how it will work. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
for important details and instructions!
We will have the entire Ash/Elm picnic shelter to ourselves. This is a large covered shelter with about a dozen picnic tables, so there is lots of room to physical distance.
This event will now be a PICNIC, rather than a BBQ. To keep everyone safe, HAAM will NOT be supplying any food, drinks, utensils, or dishes, and we discourage attendees from sharing. You must bring your own food, drinks, and other necessities. HAAM cannot assume any liability for illness, so please make sure you have everything you need for yourself and your own family.
What to bring
– All the food, condiments, and drinks needed for your own picnic supper
– Your own plates, cutlery, cups, napkins, tablecloths, etc. (Please help to keep our environmental footprint to a minimum by taking everything home with you to wash or recycle after the party.)
– Your kids and pets (if you have any)
– Extra lawn chairs to help us spread out around the picnic area
– Games and equipment that can be used without direct physical contact (like frisbees, balls, hula hoops, etc) (optional)
HAAM will provide hand sanitizer, and there are washrooms nearby.
Our picnic shelter “Ash/Elm” is in the north picnic area at Kildonan Park. It’s the one closest to the flower garden. If you’re driving into the park from Main Street, follow the road past Rainbow Stage and keep right to get to the north picnic area (click map to enlarge).
Can’t make it to the picnic?
Because of physical distancing recommendations, we are not offering rides to the park. We understand that some people will not be able to get there, or will not be comfortable joining us due to personal or health concerns.
If you would like to join us online from your home and say Hi to your HAAMster friends at the picnic, please contact us ahead of time. We hope to set up a Zoom meeting between 6:30 and 7:00 PM during the party. You do not need to have a Zoom account to join us this way. We will send you a link via email before the picnic. The link will work from a computer (PC or Mac), cell phone, or tablet.