HAAM Venue Survey
We’ve been holding our regular monthly meetings on Saturday evenings at Canad Inns Polo Park for the last several years now. It’s a great venue in many ways, but not necessarily ideal for our group. Three main drawbacks are that
1. we can’t bring in any outside food, even for special celebrations;
2. we cannot make noise that would be heard in the dining area or the next meeting room (which pretty much rules out music of any kind); and
3. a hotel meeting room is not particularly spacious or kid/family friendly.
The perfect meeting space
Here is what we would ideally be looking for:
1. location – reasonably central (ie not on the outskirts of the city), safe area, on or close to a major route, parking available, no religious affiliation (ie not a church)
2. reasonable cost
3. capacity – at least 50 people
4. availability – Saturday evenings? is there any other time or day we could consider? Sunday morning or a week night?
5. the ability to bring own food if we want, such as for treats, special occasions, or pot lucks
6. more kid/family friendly space
7. no noise restriction (ie ability to play music)
We need your input!
Our executive has been exploring other options, so far without success. We would like your opinions and suggestions.
Are you happy with the current location? Does it matter to you if there is food/a meal available at each meeting? Do you know of a place that you think might be more suitable? Would a change of location make you more or less likely to attend? What if we found a great location that was not available Saturday evenings? Would you come on a week night? Sunday morning?
Let us know what you think! Please complete this short (2 minute) survey to help us plan for next season.