HAAM has a collection of almost 250 books and DVD’s, covering various topics of interest to humanists, atheists, skeptics, and science aficionados. Our librarians are Adrianna Sedlak and Laura Stephens. Books may be borrowed at any time by PAID MEMBERS ONLY. Upon request, they can be brought to any meeting or event, or borrowed at other times by arrangement.
A list of the items in our library, in alphabetical order by title, can be found on the BOOK TABLE page. Note that the Book Table is for information purposes only; the actual books in our library may not be exactly as shown (eg. hardcover vs paperback, or a particular edition). Browse though the list, and if you see something that looks interesting, click on the book cover to learn more about it or ask to borrow it.
If you are looking for something specific, take a look at our library sorted by AUTHOR or by SUBJECT. But keep in mind that some items may fall into more than one category, or be hard to classify, so check multiple categories or browse the BOOK TABLE. (Note that recently added books, listed below, may not yet be included in these charts.)
The Eastman Humanist Community (EHC), based in Steinbach, also has a library, and HAAM has recently reached an agreement to allow inter-library loans between our two groups.
If you are a paid HAAM member, and our library doesn’t have the book you are looking for, you are welcome to check out the EHC’s library as well. If they have something that you would like to borrow, contact HAAM. We will make arrangements with the EHC to obtain the item for you the next time someone from either group is traveling between Steinbach and Winnipeg.
- Penn and Teller’s Bullsh*t (TV series) – complete set (all 8 seasons)
- An Inconvenient Truth (Al Gore)
- Guns, Germs, and Steel (Jared Diamond)
- The Atheist Tapes
- Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed (Ben Stein)
- Collision – Is Christianity Good for the World?
- Enemies of Reason (Richard Dawkins)
- Deliver Us from Evil
- Letting Go of God (Julia Sweeney)
- Captain Disillusion
- A Short History of Ethics
- Alice in Wonderland and Philosophy: Curiouser and Curiouser
- Caged Virgin: An Emancipation Proclamation for Women and Islam – Ayaan Hirsi Ali
- Cool It: The Skeptical Environmentalist’s Guide to Global Warming
- Cosmic Perspective
- Every Day Is an Atheist Holiday!: More Magical Tales from the Bestselling Author of God, No! – Penn Jillette
- Everything You Know About God Is Wrong: The Disinformation Guide to Religion
- First Eden: The Mediterranean World and Man
- God, No!: Signs You May Already Be an Atheist and Other Magical Tales – Penn Jillette
- God’s Problem: How the Bible Fails to Answer Our Most Important Question–Why We Suffer – Bart Ehrman
- I’m Dreaming of a Black Christmas – Lewis Black
- In Search of Time: Journeys Along a Curious Dimension
- Lucifer Principle: A Scientific Expedition into the Forces of History
- New Introductory Lectures on Psycho-Analysis (The Standard Edition) – Freud
- Practical Archaeology
- Psychopathology of Everyday Life, The (The Standard Edition) – Freud
- Right to Die: A Neurosurgeon Speaks of Death With Candor
- Space, Time, Infinity
- Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk: A Modest Bestiary
- The Ego and the Id (The Standard Edition) – Freud
- Universe: A Journey from Earth to the Edge of the Cosmos
- Why I Am Not a Christian: Four Conclusive Reasons to Reject the Faith – Richard Carrier
- Why People Believe Weird Things: Pseudoscience, Superstition, and Other Confusions of Our Time
- Not the Impossible Faith: Why Christianity didn’t need a Miracle to Succeed – Richard Carrier